Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bluegill fishing is picking up!

I went today to one of my favorite bluegill spots on Percy Priest Lake. I found a nest and caught 9 bluegills that were all bigger than 7 inches. Since I had enough for a couple sandwiches, I didn't keep any more. But that didn't mean I stopped catching them! The next few hours I put the hurtin' on them with my 2 pound test S.O.S. trout line, Shimano Sedona, 6 foot 6 sore lip series trout magnet rod, and bison and black trout magnets. My guess is I caught 150 total fish. I had a few giant bluegill spit the hook or break my 2 pound test in the rocks where I was fishing. Then the female bluegills moved in and I caught around 100 of those. I was not going to keep or give away female bluegills that were full of eggs because we need some bluegill to catch next year. There is nothing like hearing your drag going off for a few hours straight!


Some people will say there is no magical bait, and I agree with them. But there are some that are close. The trout magnet is one of them. I have caught just about every species of fish on them. And not just little fish too. Sure you will catch bigger bass on a 10 inch worm, but with the trout magnet you will catch little fish AND big fish. Catfish seem to live a trout magnet twitched over their house. If I was you I would order some trout magnets RIGHT NOW if you haven't already. They catch fish. Period. Just remember to use 2 pound test, and in clearer water use a flurocarbon leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment