Monday, May 19, 2014

A trip in the woods on Percy Priest

I got to sneak out of my house today to fish for a couple hours. I discovered a spot last September that is about 10 minutes of walking away from my house. I started using a 4.5 inch Go 2 Baits shaky worm. I hooked one on the first cast. It is still fun, even though it was only 14" long. I rigged the worm on a split shot rig. I caught two more on this rig before I wanted to try the bait rigged shaky head style. I tied on a Go 2 Baits signature "CJ's Shaky Head" in 1/8 ounce. I caught a small fry guarding male shaking is along the bottom. Then I remembered the  1/4 ounce sexy shad spinnerbait I put in my bag before I left. I tied it on and threw it next to a laydown with fry swarming everywhere. I got to see a largemouth come out of nowhere and CRUSH my bait. It is always fun watching them eat your bait. I got another fish on the spinner bait before I had to break it off. Then I tied on a watermelon with purple glitter trick worm rigged weightless texas rigged style. I caught one on it. I was paranoid about having a run in with a snake, so I went home to grab some dinner.

Go 2 Baits are 100% hand poured, insuring that the baits float. My favorite baits from them are 4.5" and 7" shaky worms, 10" and 13" paddle tail worms, 4.2" beaver bait, and a craw type bait. Also, be watching for a few more baits coming out. I have tested them out and they just flat out have action!

No comments:

Post a Comment